Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Cross & Simon attorneys have broad experience in a wide array of litigation matters, including areas of corporate, commercial, real estate, trust, and class action litigation. The firm regularly advises and represents clients in corporate governance cases, corporate dissolutions and shareholder disputes, trust litigation, construction cases, and tort liability cases. The firm’s attorneys have experience in jury and bench trials, and expedited proceedings, and all aspects of civil motion practice and briefing. Our attorneys regularly appear in all federal and state courts in Delaware, including the United States District Court, the Court of Chancery, and Superior Court, and have handled appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. At the behest of longstanding clients, our attorneys have appeared pro hac vice in foreign jurisdictions to litigate cases.
Examples of representations include:
- Representation of shareholder in the complex unwinding and dissolution of a Delaware corporation.
- Representation of the former owner of a large, privately held corporation in a stock sale dispute with purchaser, a large, publicly traded company.
- Representation of a consortium of homebuilders in a four-week civil jury trial prosecuted by the State of Delaware Office of Attorney General.
- Representation of large Canadian corporation in a trial in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, appeal to the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, and briefing and oral argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Lead plaintiffs’ counsel in federal class action consumer fraud cases pending in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Representation of a large, commercial landlord in a summary possession action in the State of Delaware Justice of Peace Court.
- Representation of trust beneficiary in dispute of trust agreement and disposition of trust property, included the valuation and buy-out of major shopping center.
- Representation of paper company in the recovery of goods shipped to insolvent customer.
- Representation of an anchor tenant in a large commercial shopping complex in an action to enforce exclusive rights clauses under commercial lease.
- Representation of large national publicly traded corporation in defense of major personal injury litigation.
* Examples are provided to show the depth of experience and cases handled by the firm. Results in a given case are not intended to provide expectations of future results.